LBM Industry Professionals
Find out how Yesler can help your business
While the primary day to day users of Yesler are the buying and selling professionals within LBM organizations, much of the value of Yesler tools accrue to executive leadership. The company benefits from more efficient and effective buying and selling processes, and leadership benefits extend beyond these process improvements.
- Visibility increases because all activity – requests, quotes, inventory levels, sales – is available and accessible by management in a centralized system.
- Market intelligence on the likely direction of prices allows leadership to control or advise on the timing and pricing of buying and selling decisions.
- Lumberyard leadership can closely manage inventory levels to reduce working capital requirements and increase return on capital invested.
- Recruiting talented staff is enhanced when organizations deploy industry leading technology. Today’s graduates are adept at using digital technology and expect it as part of their jobs.
- Since processes and data are managed and stored within the system, records are available in the case of personnel changes. When a buyer or seller retires, everything that was done in the past is readily available to the new recruit.
Learn More About How Yesler Benefits Lumber Executives
Lumber Buyers benefit from having a single dashboard for all of the buying activity. A buyer can communicate with multiple sellers simultaneously to negotiate the best deal and avoid losing track of phone calls and emails. Buyers using Yesler save time, improve profits, and are better informed. And all the history of communications, negotiations, quotes and orders is available for future reference by the buyer, other staff assisting in the process, or future buyers.
For lumberyard operations, Yesler provides a full suite of products for informing and managing the process of purchasing for commodity lumber and building materials, driving several very significant benefits.
- Better information – Buyers using Yesler have access to new market data, helping inform the timing of buying activity. Using a large set of industry supply and demand data and sophisticated algorithms, Yesler Intel informs the buyer about current pricing and whether market forces indicate pressure toward an increase or decrease in prices.
- Improved planning – Making the right purchases to keep inventory in stock becomes more predictable using Yesler’s planning tools. Yesler Groundwork gives the buyer charts that project future inventory levels for each SKU by week given historical sales and inbound loads. This tool helps the buyer determine which products to purchase when to keep products always available but not over-stocked.
- The Yesler Marketplace makes communicating with sellers much easier than working through email and phone calls. Using Yesler, buyers can chat simultaneously with multiple sellers, removing the single-threaded nature of the phone. In addition, buyers can expand their seller network, finding seller offers for the products they need and instantly communicating with the newly identified seller.
- All the history of communications, negotiations, quotes and orders is available for future reference by the buyer, other staff assisting in the process, or future buyers.
Learn More About How Yesler Benefits Lumber Buyers
Better informed, more efficient buyers make better purchasing decisions and have the time to do the analysis and relationship building that enhance purchasing effectiveness and increase profits.
For lumber sellers, Yesler accelerates your ability to respond to buyer inquiries, promote your loads, and expand your reach with buyers. Give buyers what they want – one platform to interact with all their suppliers – without sacrificing relationships or forgoing upsell opportunities, and without spending on technology investments outside your core business expertise.
- Share available loads on the Yesler Marketplace for buyers to see. Buyers can request a quote for those products and begin communicating with you quickly to make a purchase.
- Promote offers to specific buyers via email. Those buyers can easily see your offerings and quickly click to request a quote for those products. Yesler provides the tools for you to manage all of your email offers to lists of buyers that can quickly respond to purchase.
- Keep the same policies and practices you have today for credit, invoicing, and transportation. Yesler provides the software platform for you and the buyer to work together to complete the purchase, but payment, logistics, and terms are completely between you and the buyer. Records are available in the case of personnel changes. When a buyer or seller retires, everything that was done in the past is readily available to the new recruit.
Learn More About How Yesler Benefits Lumber Sellers
On Yesler, you always know who you are selling to and you own the relationship. Yesler provides the software platform for you and the buyer to work together to complete the purchase, but payment, logistics, and terms are completely between you and the buyer.
Brokers benefit using the Yesler platform by being able to buy and sell lumber and building materials efficiently from a single dashboard. A broker gains the powerful benefits of buying on Yesler as well as the benefits of selling, with a simple way to move between buying and selling.
- Efficiently promote your current lumber offerings and available loads to buyers by posting them on the Yesler Marketplace for buyers and by emailing them directly to your known buyers. Yesler provides strong tools for you to manage email promotions to existing and prospective buyers, helping you to expand your network of buyers.
- Quickly find lumber to buy when you need to fulfill a need for a sale. By being able to quickly switch between selling and buying, you can identify opportunities to meet customer needs quickly and efficiently. All history of communications, negotiations, quotes and orders is available for future reference.
Learn More About How Yesler Benefits Lumber Brokers
Brokers benefit by being able to utilize the features of both buyers and sellers on the Yesler platform, keeping the history of all relationships, quotes and communications stored for future access or for sharing among your team.
Lumber Pros Q&A
Yesler Marketplace is different than the typical commodity exchange. Commodity exchanges generally obscure the name of the seller and buyer. Since the product is a “commodity” the assumption is that the product is always identical and the relationship between trading partners is of little consequence. Yesler believes relationships in the LBM industry are essential, even when buying and selling commodities. Using Yesler, you always know who you are buying from or selling to. A second difference is that Yesler does not change any of your payment terms or logistics for delivery. This allows you to maintain your existing processes for relationship management and ensure the accountability of your trusted logistics and payment processes.